The DONEY / DONY family tree
This Doney family originated in the Liskeard area of Cornwall, England in the 1600s. The major villages were: St. Neot, St. Cleer, St. Pinnock, St. Ive, and Lerryn. Some were miners. I n the late 1820s early 1830s many of these Doneys emigrated to Beach Lake in Pennsylvania, America where they set up homesteads on which they farmed.
Many thanks to Frank Doney for the earliest research and also to Fred Doney who helped me with some of the later information.
The Doneys married the Olvers, Blakes, Varcoes and Daveys from Cornwall.
The Doneys were mainly methodists.
There were other Doneys in Quethiock, Northill, Linkenhorne and Cardinham who are probably related to this line.
Also there is an American Indian Doney line beginning with a Joseph Doney, who was a doctor in England. He went to France and changed his name to Delonais before emigrating to Canada where he reverted to Doney.
The English surname Doney belongs to the group of surnames derived from the place where the original bearer once lived or held land. The surname Doney can be traced to the old English "dun" meaning dark and "(i)ey" meaning island. Thus the surname signifies "one who lived by or near the "dark island".
The earliest written reference to the name Doney and its variants Downey, Downie and Duny dates back to the 14th century. Matthew Dounay is recorded in the Subsidy Rolls of Yorkshire in 1327. Richard alle Dunye appears in the Lofvenberg's work The Study of Middle English Local Names for Surrey in 1330. Justinian Downey is listed in the Protestation Returns of Devonshire in 1642. Mary Doney is recorded in London in September 1731 before emigrating to America in the same year. The form of Downie and Duny are associated with Scotland from the barony of Downey located in the parish of Monikie in the former county of Angus (now part of Tayside). It is derived from the Irish "dun" meaning "hill" and the local suffix "ach". The name Downie is said to be the one of the olderst names in the parish of Kemnay. One of the earliest wriiten records of the surname in Scotland include Duncan de Dunny who witnessed a composition regarding the boundaries between the Lands of Tulloes and Conon in 1254. Alexander Downy or Douny held land from the Abbot of Arbroath in 1330 and Isobel Dewnie is recorded in Brechin in 1675. Ajmes Denwinny was chosen as barlaw man in the barony of Urie in 1620.
The coat of arms described below was borne by the Doney family: Blazon of arms; Vert a chief ermine Translation: vert (green) signifies truth and loyalty. Ermine denotes purity and service Crest: A lion rampant issuant sable Origin: England
Another source says that the name comes from the French d'Auney. The manor in Sheviock, Cornwall (near St Neot) anciently belonged to the family of d'Auney, Dunnye or Dawney. Sir Payn D'Aunay of D'Aunay Castle in Normandy, France came in with William the Conqueror. Sir William D'Aunay was made a general at Acon, now Acre, 4 King Richard 1st 1192. Having slain a Saracen prince and afterwards killing a lion, he cut off its paw and presented it to the King, who, in token of approbation took the ring off his finger and presented it to the knight and ordered that he should bear as his crest a demi-Saracen with a lion's paw in one hand and a ring in the other; the family crest to this day. The ring is still preserved. Sir Nicholas Dawnay, a descendant of the beforenamed, was summoned to parliament as a baron 1 King Edward 111 1328. He was in the holy wars from whence he brought a very rich and curious medal. He died in 1333 and left 2 sons Thomas and John. John settled in Sheviock and was made a Knight-Banneret by King Edward 111 at Cressy. He married Sybil Treverbin. His only child and heir Emmeline b abt 1334, married Edward Courtney and carried the possessions of the Dawneys into the family of Earls of Devon. Emmeline Dawneys tomb can be seen today in Sheviock church.
LDS Cornish Doney listings
LDS European Doney listings
Doney information, census, parish records, hearth tax, protestation returns 1641 etc
The Sheviock tree
Cornish Doney Miners
USA Social Security Death Index
Dave Doneys tree
Quethiock, Northill and Devon Doney tree
Jane's tree East Allington, Devon
The Native American Doney tree
Back to Jean's Genealogy Index
John DONEY b. abt 1645, Draynes, Cornwall, m. 08-Jun-1669, in St Neot, Cornwall, Mary POPE, b. 1651, Landrake, Cornwall.
b. Ann DONEY b. abt 1766, St.Neot, Cornwall.
c. Vashtie DONEY b. abt 1769, St Neot, Cornwall.
d. Mary DONEY b. 1771, St Neot, Cornwall.
e. Sarah DONEY b. abt 1773, St Neot, Cornwall.
f. Hester DONEY b. abt 1776, St.Neot, Cornwall.
g. Samuel DONEY b. abt 1779, St.Neot, Cornwall, m. 17-Aug-1814 St Neot, Ann GAY , b. abt 1781, St.Neot, Cornwall.
(2) Samuel DONEY b. abt 1818, St.Neot, Cornwall.
(3) John DONEY b. abt 1820, St.Neot, Cornwall.
(4) Joseph DONEY b. 1821, St.Neot, Cornwall.
(5) William DONEY b. abt 1827.
(6) Caroline DONEY b. abt 1828, St.Neot, Cornwall.
h. John DONEY b. abt 1782, St Neot, Cornwall.
i. Grace DONEY b. abt 1783, St.Neot, Cornwall.
2. Elizabeth DONEY b. abt 1734, ch 23-un-1734 St Ive , m. (1) 05-Aug-1787, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, Richard WARNE, occupation Husbandsman, m. (2) 28-Apr-1758, in Linkenhorne, Cornwall, Thomas SHOVEL chr 30-Mar-1734, bur 04-Sep-1814 aged 80
3. John DONEY b. abt 1736, St.Ive, Cornwall, m. 05-May-1766, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, Elizabeth OLVER, b. 24-Jul-1739, Cornwall, (daughter of Joseph OLVER and Jane OLVER) d. 14-Dec-1800, St Cleer, Cornwall. John died 1796.
a. John DONEY b. 1765.
b. Elizabeth DONEY c 04-Aug-1768 St Pinnock (Bishops Transcripts Film # 0090263)
c. Mary DONEY c 20-Jun-1770 St Pinnock
d. Johannah DONEY b. 1772, m. 1797, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, William MALLETT.
e. John DONEY b. abt 1775, m. 30-May-1797, in Liskeard, Cornwall, Elizabeth SNELL, b. abt 1777, Cornwall.
(b) Samuel DONEY b. 1827, St.Pinnock, Cornwall.
(c) Lillie A.Grace DONEY b. abt 1829, d. 1891.
(d) Grace DONEY b. 1829, St.Pinnock, Cornwall, m. 13-Apr-1851, in Texas, Richard GREGORY, b. abt 1825, Cornwall.
(e) Grace DONEY b. 1830, England.
(f) Elisa DONEY b. 1832, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
(g) William Henry DONEY b. 1834, England.
(h) Nathaniel DONEY b. 1835, Wayne County, USA, d. 1847.
(i) Ann DONEY b. 1837, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
(j) Mary Ann DONEY b. 1845, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
(k) Laura DONEY b. 1847, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
(l) Amos DONEY b. 1848, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
(2) John DONEY b. abt 1800, occupation Farmer, m. 15-Apr-1828, in St Neot, Cornwall, Frances Cole CAWSE, b. abt1804, St. Neot, Cornwall, d. 18-May-1874, Pennsylvania, United States of America. John died 06-May-1875, Dyberry, Pennsylvania, USA.
 Emma Grace BUCKINGHAM b. 1866, d. -1957, Indian garden cemetry, Episcotal church.
 Sarah BUCKINGHAM m George SPRY
 John R BUCKINGHAM m Blanche WOODLEY
 Frances BUCKINGHAM m Virgil GRAY
 Elizabeth BUCKINGHAM m Wallace SPRY
 Rebecca BUCKINGHAM
 William Digery BUCKINGHAM b 1864 m 1890 Jane SAUNDERS
(b) Jane DONEY b. abt 1831, m. John Varcoe BLAKE, b. 15-Jan-1826, Laddock, Cornwall, (son of Joseph BLAKE and Mary Philippa Faro VARCOE) occupation Blacksmith, d. 14-Oct-1905. Jane died Pennsylvania, United States of America.
 John F BLAKE b. 05-Dec-1852, Beach Lake, Wayne Co., PA, USA, occupation Agriculturist, m. 28-Dec-1876, Temple S WOOLHEATER, (daughter of Noah WOOLHEATER and Abigail SCUDDER).
[B] Clarence D BLAKE
[C] Peace BLAKE
 William BLAKE
 Samuel BLAKE
 Franklin BLAKE
 Charles BLAKE
 Alfred BLAKE
 Ella BLAKE
 Eva BLAKE
 Benjamin BLAKE
(c) John W DONEY b.1833, St Neot, Cornwall, d.1852 Pennsylvania, United States of America.
(d) George C DONEY bapt. 27 -Apr- 1836 in Bethany, Wayne Co., Pennsylvania
(e) Mary S DONEY bapt. 08-Mar-1840, Pennsylvania, United States of America. m. Richard SHORT b Cornwall
(f) Frances A DONEY b.18-Apr-1842, m. William Henry KARSLAKE Sr. They moved
to Vanderbilt Michigan
from Owosso Michigan in 1882.Karlake homesteaded 80 acres in Corwith Township, having purchased the
property from the Jackson-Lansing Railroad on 8/21, 1882 for $390 per 40 acres. Karslake, a carpenter, first cleared enough space on the first 40 acres to build a barn then built a small shed, 14 x 24 foot with a lean to. The five older boys slept in the barn. It is thought that Karslake, his wife, baby Arthur and 8 year old Ella lived in the shed until the north-south portion of the home was livable, as there is evidence of a chimney on the back of the shed. The house was built without studding by laying 18-inch width hemlock planks on the ground horizonally, then nailing like planks vertically, raising the whole wall at once on the Michigan basement foundation.
William emigrated to the US at age 21 and enlisted in the Infantry of the Civil War for 3 years. He served at a camp near Harrison Landing, the Fort Pulaski. The pay was $7.50 per month. Later, he was naturalized at Honesdale, PA in 1857 where he met and married Frances Ann DONEY on 3/14/1864.
- [a] Gordon Jr.KARSLAKE, married Lucille F. Wakeley of Grayling, Michigan. They were both
school teachers in Gaylord, Michigan. Gordon was a Chemist at Wyeth Laboratories in Mason, Michigan (retired). He graduated from Ferris Institute (now Ferris State University).
- [i] Vicky Lee KARSLAKE married David GRIEB
- [A] Michelle GRIEB m ? GIBSON
- a. Alexis GIBSON
- [B] Kristopher GRIEB
- [C] Jennifer GRIEB
- [D] Nicole Elizabeth GRIEB
- [ii] Jean Marie KARSLAKE m Kirk QUENBY
- [A] Jaclyn QUENBY m ? McMILLAN
- a. Donald Jason McMILLAN
- [iii] George Elliot KARSLAKE who is deceased.
- [b] Doris Ann KARSLAKE who died in infancy,
[c] Ronald KARSLAKE
[d] Paul KARSLAKE.
(g) Ellen S DONEY b.18-Dec-1847, m. Henry KARSLAKE.
(3) William DONEY b. 19-Jul-1801, in St. Cleer, Cornwall, occupation Tanner, m. 13-Mar -1834, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, Elizabeth CRAGO, b. abt 1803, England. William died abt 1882.
 Alice DONEY b PA m Seth WOOD
 Sara Doney b1866, PA.
 William John DONEY b1867, occupation Blacksmith, m. Eva MOSER. William died 1939.
b. Denise DONEY b. Pennsylvania m Gary SPRAGUE
2.Richard DONEY m Carol OLVER
b. Richard DONEY Jnr.
3. Dorothy DONEY m Donald ROBBINS
4. Edna DONEY b abt 1930 died 05-Mar-1980 m Duane C OLVER
[B] Myrle E DONEY b 08-Jun-1901 d 18-Feb-1969 m Errol (Ike) WALTERS 08-Jun-1922
[C] Clarence M DONEY b 11-Nov-1903 d 20-Dec-1972 m Charlotte MYERS 05-Jun-1926
[D] Robert J DONEY b 15-Mar- 1905, d 22-Apr-1963 m Mildred SCHUMAN 16 Feb-1927
[E] Henry B DONEY b 19-Mar-1907, d 17-Jan-1970 m Dorothy STALKER 26-Mar-1912
[F] Hazel A DONEY b 30-Sep-1908 m Fred PRUNER
[G] Rose E DONEY b 26-May-1912 m (1) Walter W SMITH; (2) Clifford B MILL
 Ida DONEY b.1867, PA. m ? GUNSAULES
 Julia E DONEY b1877, PA. m ? GUNSAULES
(b) William C DONEY b. abt 1836, in Honesdale, PA, occupation Wagon maker, m. Evaline C RUSH. William died 18-Feb-1916, Honesdale, PA, USA.
 Eunice DONEY b 1863 m William McQUINNEY
 David R DONEY b1872, in Seelyville, PA, occupation Mechanic d 1897
 Frederick M DONEY b.1876, PA, m. Carrie KIMBLE.
[B] Harriet Evaline DONEY b 1907
(c) George DONEY b1839, m. Mary DAILY.
2. Marjorie Louise DONEY in Wahington, DC m Millard DANIELS Smith Hill, near Honesdale.
[B] Estelle Mae DONEY m Philip SCHAFFER
[C] Marion Martha DONEY M George SCHAFFER
 Edward DONEY m. Nettie SPRAGUE.
[B] Charlotte DONEY
 Florence DONEY m (1) Thomas KILGALLEN, (2) Thomas LeSTRANGE (3) Carl DAUB
 Sara DONEY m James MYERS
 Samuel DONEY m. Belle.
 Edwin DONEY
(d) John DONEY b 1842
(e) Maria DONEY b 1854, PA.
(f) Scottie DONEY b1863, d 1863.
(4) Joseph DONEY b. 30-Jan-1803, Cornwall, m.1828, in Liskeard area, Margaret KREITON, b.1800, Scotland, d. 1888, Pennsylvania, United States of America. Joseph died 1853, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
(b) Emmanuel DONEY b1839, Wayne Co, d. 1854, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
(c) Fidelia DONEY b 1841
(5) Hannah DONEY b. 30-Aug-1804, St.Pinnock, Cornwall, m. 25-May-1825, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, Richard OLVER, b. 30-Aug-1804 St Pinnock, Cornwall, (son of William OLVER and Sarah WARN, Sarah Warne was christened 03/02/1760 and born to Richard and Sarah Warne in St. Pinnock) d. Pennsylvania, United States of America. Hannah died 26-Jun-1867, at Cherry Ridge, PA, just outside Honesdale, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
(b) John Stewart OLVER b1833, United States of America, m. Rommie TYLER. John died 1916.
 Frank OLVER
 Elmor OLVER
(c) Richard Lewis OLVER b. abt 1836, Pennsylvania, United States of America, m. (1) Selah D TYLER, m. (2) Analdoce TYLER. Richard died 1911, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
 Frank E OLVER b. 1873, m. ?. Frank died 1947.
(d) Edward OLVER b. England, d. Pennsylvania, United States of America. m Matilda ROE?
(e) Maria OLVER b. England, d. Pennsylvania, United States of America m Grant ?
(f) Jane Doney OLVER b USA m John Varcoe BLAKE
(g) Grace OLVER b. United States of America. m Richard PETHICK
(h) Lucian OLVER b. 07-Jun-1844, occupation Sheep raiser, m. 1878, Julia A APPLEY. Lucian died 07-Feb-1912.
 Bradley OLVER
 Theron OLVER
 Florence OLVER
(6) Elizabeth DONEY b. 28-Sep-1806,St Pinnock, Cornwall, England, m. 19-May-1836, Joseph VARCOE, b. abt, d1867, Canada. Elizabeth died 05-Feb-1878, Cherry Ridge Township, USA.
(b) William H VARCOE b. 02-Dec-1839, Cherry Ridge Township, USA, m. 18-Jun-1873, in Cherry Ridge Township, USA, Elsa A BONEAR, b. Cherry Ridge Township, USA, (daughter of Francis BONEAR and Cynthia KIRBY).
(c) Decious VARCOE occupation Carpenter.
(7) Mary DONEY b10-Jul-1808, St. Pinnock, m. Aug-1832, Peter DAVEY, b. abt 1801, (son of John DAVEY and Mary (Davey)) d. 01-Mar-1886, Pennsylvania, United States of America. Mary died Mar-1870, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
(b) Thomas DAVEY
(c) Judson DAVEY b 1841 in Bethany, PA, USA d 1933 Beach Lake, PA. m Maria ROBINS
 Frank DAVEY
 Elizabeth DAVEY
 William DAVEY m (1) Charlotte KEYES (2) Grace FRANKLIN
b. Naomi DAVEY m ? FLYNN
c. Verna DAVEY
 Bethiah DAVEY b 1881 m Herbert Dwight OLVER b Mar-1873
2. Mariah OLVER
 Wesley DAVEY m Mae SMITH
(d) Addie DAVEY b abt 1843 m George WILLIAMS
(e) Jane DAVEY m Thomas OLVER b 1788 d 1863
(f) Silas DAVEY b 1846 d 1890 m Emma Jane BUDD
 Lena DAVEY m John JAMES
(g) Ella DAVEY m Philip WELLS
(8) Mathew DONEY b. 09-Jan-1811, St. Pinnock d. 15-Jul-1812.
(9) Richard DONEY b. 23-Apr-1813 St. Pinnock
(10) Grace DONEY m. Stephen PETHICK, d. 11-Nov-1891, Damascus, Wayne Connty PA USA.
f. Samuel DONEY b. abt, occupation Farmer, m. 29-Sep-1800, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, Anne WELSH.
(b) Elizabeth DONEY b abt 1835, bpt Braddock (Broadoak) Parish church.
(c) Anne DONEY b. 1839. St. Pinnock, Cornwall. bpt Braddock (Broadoak) Parish church.1851 living 14 Penhole St Pinnock as a house servant
(b). Fanny DONEY, b. 1842, Mid Taphouse Cornwall married Charles TRUSCOTT 1868 in Wingate, Co. Durham, son of William TRUSCOTT and Hannah HARRIS. Charles b 1839 d 1896.
ii. Emily TRUSCOTT, b. 1869.
iii. Arthur TRUSCOTT, b. 1873.
(c) Eurydice DONEY, b. 1844; d. 1886 married (1) William TRUSCOTT 1870 d 1881 son of William TRUSCOTT and Hannah HARRIS.(2) George BENTON 1881
[b]. Stephen James SHORTER
[c]. Caroline Mary SHORTER m. Peter Thomas BULLEN
g. Joseph DONEY b. abt 1781, occupation Farmer, m. 06-Nov-1804, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, Mary AUNGER, b. abt 1785, Cornwall. Joseph died 1843.
(2) Joseph DONEY b. abt 1810, occupation Farmer, m. Margaret (Doney), b.1812, Scotland.
(b) Emmanuel DONEY b. 1839.
(c) Fidelia DONEY b. 1842, m. 10-Nov-1861, in Oregon, USA, George W ADAMS.
(3) Thomas Aunger DONEY b. 1812, Liskeard, Cornwall, occupation Woodsawyer & Boatman, m. 06-Jan-1841, in St Veep, Cornwall, Margaret WILLCOCK, b. abt 1819, St Veep, Cornwall, (daughter of Richard WILLCOCK) occupation Servant, d. 06-May-1894. Thomas died 04-Oct-1896.
(b) Joseph DONEY b. 1843, St Veep, Cornwall, occupation Coal merchant, m. Caroline ANDREWS
[B] Violet DONEY b.1913 d.approx 1997
 Betty DONEY b.28/03/1914, Plympton, DEVON (Full name Elizabeth Caroline d.Dec 1993) m Ronald Leslie BEER b.25/04/1919, Fulham LONDON
 Joseph Arpad DONEY batchelor casualty Great War
Joseph Arpad Doney prison records rg no 12077 Royal Army Pay Corps
 Woodman DONEY d 22 April 18__ aged 7 months buried St Veep churchyard
 Emmeline DONEY d 28th June 1833 aged 1 year _ months buried St Veep churchyard.
 Winnifred May DONEY b 1886 d.09/02/1982 aged 96 m John Kenneth HARRIS b 1884 d 1930
[B] Caroline Mary (Known as Molly) HARRIS b 12-Aug-1912, d 05-Nov-1995 aged 82 m Jack ALLEN b 12-Aug-1912, d 19-Jan-2004
(b) Simon KING m Eilean Margaret HALL
(ii) Ian John ALLEN m (1) Juliet CHILDS divorced,
(a) Kate Margaret ALLEN
m (2) Zena PRICE
m (3) Irene
[C] Jack HARRIS m (1) Lilly WERNER d 1943 no children, (2) Marjorie BELL 1945 in Argentina .She died 1986
(b) Michael HARRIS
(ii) Josephine HARRIS m (1) Nick HINTON, (2) Paul DOUGLAS
(b) Andrew DOUGLAS
(iii) Alexandra HARRIS m Gary RICHARDS
(b) Mikyla RICHARDS
(c) William DONEY b 1846, St Veep, Cornwall m (1) Mary Ann CONGDON, (2) Agnes
 William Harold Congdon DONEY m Flossie TEPPETT
(b) Paul DONEY
(ii) Jonathan Charles DONEY m Vivienne WELLS
[B] Margaret Joy DONEY spinster
 Alma DONEY m W. LEOPOLD
(d) Elizabeth Anne DONEY b 1849 St Veep, died 1931 Saltash, Cornwall married Charles COLE of Canada
(e) Hannah DONEY b 1850 St Veep, Cornwall
(f) Emma DONEY b. 1853, St Veep, Cornwall.
(g) Frank DONEY b. 1856, St Veep, Cornwall, occupation Woodman, m. Rebecca YEO, b. 1858, St Veep, Cornwall.
 Victor DONEY b. 25-Dec-1881, Lerryn, Cornwall, occupation Bank rural inspector, m. 20-May-1920, in St George's cathedral, Perth, Australia, Dorothy Mary BEECH, b. 1894, d. 1958. Victor died 12-Oct-1961, Deva Hosp.Mt. Lawley, Australia. He was a Member of Parliament in Australia
- [A] Joan Yeo DONEY born in Mullewa West Aust,07-Feb- 1921 m ? OLDHAM twin with Dorothy, one born before midnight & one after.
[B] Dorothy DONEY born in Mullewa West Aust 08-Feb-1921 m ? JENKINS.
[C] Frank DONEY died abt 1975, was run over on foot path by a car m Betty.
 Woodman DONEY b. 1885, St Veep, Cornwall m May CONSTANCE
- [A] John DONEY
- [B] Mary DONEY
 Hilda DONEY b. 1887, St Veep, Cornwall. buried Callington 27-Feb-1922
 Ella DONEY b. 1889, St Veep, Cornwall m S HEYWOOD
 Linda DONEY b. 1891, St Veep, Cornwall m S BAKER
 Millicent DONEY m Bertram Alfred COOKE.
(ii) Rachel Judith COOKE
(iii) Stuart Philip COOKE (twin)
(iv) David Ian COOKE (twin)
 Cyril DONEY m Blanche
 Daisy DONEY m H. HANCOCK
(ii) Robert DINGLE
(iii) Moira DINGLE
 Frank DONEY m (1) Ida GARTRETH, (2) Gwendoline May MADDEVA?
(h) Thomas DONEY b. 14-Jan-1860, St Veep, Cornwall, occupation Flour miller, m. Dec-1887, Emma Jane YEO, b. 09-Jun-1868, St Veep, Cornwall, (daughter of Richard YEO and Elizabeth BASSETT) d. abt 1937, Plymouth, Devon. Thomas died Apr-1946, Plymouth, Devon. (Thomas and Emma with Lilian back left, Gertrude back right, Ivy, Claude and Marge in front)
1911 census living at 16 Belair Road, Devonport, Plymouth. Thomas age 51 and a street and sewer contractor, Emma Jane age 43 and married 25 years. Lilian age 23 and single, Gertrude age 22 single, Claude 18 a student and single, Margaret Elizabeth age 16 and single.
 Lilian DONEY b. 03-Nov-1887, Lerryn, Cornwall, m. (1) 23-Aug-1919, in St Austell, Cornwall, Alfred Thomas C, b. 23-Dec- 1870, Tregoss, Cornwall, (son of John Pearce C and Florence TELLAM) occupation Builder, d. 27-Dec-1938, Plymouth, Devon, m. ( 2) Stanley GOUDGE, occupation Storekeeper, d. St. Dennis, Cornwall. Lilian died 11-Jan-1969, Plymouth, Devon.
Jean , Mervyn and Mill Olver taken at Doney and Olver reunion in Pennsylvania, USA in Aug '97.
 Gertrude DONEY b. abt 1889, St Veep, Cornwall, m. (1) William PERRY, m. (2) William WATKINS.
[B] Margaret PERRY m. Stanley James NOBBS, d. 1988, Plymouth, Devon. Margaret died Dec-1994.
2. Simon NOBBS married in 1981 to Jane JACKSON Divorced 1989
[C] Bernard PERRY m. Edith _.
 Ivy DONEY (twin to Claude)
 Claude DONEY occupation Builder, m. (1) Elsie TUCKER, d. Plymouth, Devon, m. (2) Carrie EDE. Claude died Liskeard, Cornwall.
 Margery DONEY m. (1) Rodney TURPIN, occupation Naval officer, m. (2) Jack CRAPP.
(i) Woodman DONEY b. abt 1862, St Veep, Cornwall, occupation corn miller/journeyman.
(4) Matthew DONEY b. abt 1815, occupation Waterman, m. 09-Feb-1847, in Lostwithiel, Cornwall, Mary Ann LEVERS, b. abt 1821, (daughter of Benjamin LEVERS and _ (Levers). Levers website
(a) John DONEY m Mary TOLL, 14-Oct-1806, probably St Cleer Parish Church, farmer Hendergrove, farm St Cleer
 Thomas DONEY ch 20-Jan-1807
 John DONEY ch 11-Apr-1808
 Mary DONEY ch 13-Oct-1809
 Elizabeth DONEY ch 21-Aug-1812
 Matthew DONEY ch 09-Aug-1814
 Joshua DONEY ch 12-Feb-1816
 William DONEY ch 1818
 Richard DONEY ch 26-Apr-1820 married to Ann Warne living 1871 in Cramlington Northumberland
 Daniel DONEY ch 1824 m Elizabeth ALLSOP dau of Thomas ALLSOP, St Cleer
 Charles DONEY ch 1825
 Sophia DONEY ch 27-May-1828 married John Kellow in 1847 and they lived in St Cleer Cornwall. John died in 1864 and in 1871 census Sophia and her children (Jospeh Charles Kellow, Ann Kellow, John Doney Kellow, Emma Jane Kellow, Mary Grace Kellow, Sophia Kellow, William Charles Kellow) appeared in Cramlington Northumberland. Soon after many of the children emgrated to South Australia. I'm not sure whether Sophia did also but her daughter Sophia married George Herrington in Adelaide in 1885 at brother Joseph's house.
Children of Sophia Doney and John Kellow ( all born in Cornwall):
Jospeh Kellow 1848- 1902
Ann Kellow 1851
John Doney Kellow 1853-1902
Emma Jane Kellow 1857-1905
Mary Grace Kellow 1858-1924
Sophia Kellow 1863-1919
William James Doney Kellow 1865
In 1874 Sophia married James Phillips and emigrated to South Australia with her children (except for Ann and William) aboard the Duntrune in 1876.
Sophia died in Victoria, Australia in 1891.
Australian Information about the children of Sophia Doney and John Kellow:
1885 Sophia Kellow married George Herrington in Adelaide, South Australia.
1882 Emma Jane Kellow married Thomas James Ward, St Paul's Church, Port Adelaide.
1877 John Doney Kellow married Elizabeth Ann Phillips in Newcastle, N.S.W.
1877 Joseph Kellow married Ann Sowden in Newcastle, N.S.W.
1881 Mary Grace Kellow married Richard Collins Worthley, South Australia
 - DONEY
(5) Daniel DONEY b. abt 1817, Liskeard, Cornwall.
(6) Samuel DONEY b. abt 1820.
(7) William DONEYb. abt 1824, Doubwalls, occupation Tin miner/blacksmith, m. 1850 in Par, Mary Anne VITTLE, b. 20-Dec-1825, d. 19-Mar-1913, Southport. William died 1913, Crewe.
[B] Connie MASTERS
[C] Douglas MASTERS
 Catherine MASTERS b. 1878, d. 1953.
 Louisa MASTERS b., m. William WHITLOCK. Louisa died 1961.
[B] William WHITLOCK m. Doris ?.
[C] Margaret WHITLOCK m. Joe PELL.
2. Joseph PELL
3. Margaret PELL
[D] Louisa WHITLOCK m. Sidney STEAL.
 William MASTERS b. 1883, m. Maria ?. William died 1918.
[B] Anne MASTERS
 Mathew MASTERS b. 1885, m. Margaret ?. Mathew died 1955.
[B] Kathleen MASTERS
[C] Graham MASTERS
 Bessie MASTERS b. 1890, m. Arthur ROSE. Bessie died 1981.
 John MASTERS b. 1892, m. Sarah ?. John died 1985.
[B] John MASTERS m. ?.
2. Judith MASTERS
3. Joanne MASTERS
(b) Joseph DONY b. 1851, Beaumaris, Wales, m. Mary Ann GEAR. Joseph died 1913, Luton, Bedfordshire.
b. John DONY m (1) Sara, div., m (2) Jillian living Barnstaple 2004
(1) i) Bethany Hope DONY
[B] Alfred DONY
[C] Winifred DONY b. 1903, m. Sidney POLLARD.
2. Beryl POLLARD m. E PESTELL.
3. Marie POLLARD
4. Anne POLLARD
5. Michael POLLARD
 William DONY b. 1878, m. Jessie. William died 1948, New Zealand.
 Joseph DONY b. 1881, m. Maud . Joseph died 1970.
 Alfred DONY b. 1883, England, m. Millicent BATES, b.1885, England, d. 955. Alfred died 1953.
2. Donald DONY
[B] Robert William DONY b. 1916, Canada, m. Helen Leonora SONDROL, b. 1923, d. 1994. Robert died 1991.
2. Robyn Elaine DONY
3. Robert Douglas DONYm. Lisa Anne HURREN
b. John William DONY
c. Gregory Robert DONY
[C] Edna DONY1919, Canada, m. William MONKHOUSE
b. Jason MONKHOUSE
2. Susan MONKHOUSE
3. Judes MONKHOUSE
4. Nancy MONKHOUSE
[D] Irene DONY b., Canada, m. (1) Reginald MILLER, m. (2) G McKERRACHER.
3. Robert MILLER
4. Mark KERRACHER
5. Bruce KERRACHER
6. Robert KERRACHER
[E] Francis DONY m. Jean.
2. Ellen DONY
3. Gail DONY
 May DONY b.1887, m. Frank LINGER. May died 1949.
 Frederick DONY b. 1890, d. 1959.
 Elizabeth DONY b. 1892, m. Arthur PITCHER. Elizabeth died 1965.
2. Margaret PITCHER
3. Phillip PITCHER
4. William PITCHER
5. Elizabeth PITCHER
[B] Mary PITCHER b 1923 m. Jack CHESHIRE. Mary died 1981.
2. Rosemary CHESHIRE
(c) Henry DONY b. 1851, Beaumaris, Wales, d. 1926.
(d) William DONY occupation Engine fitter, m. ?.
 Ethel DONY
 Louisa DONY
 Frank DONY
(e) Polly DONY m. Edward MOSELEY.
(f) Emily DONY m. Albert CHEESEMAN.
(g) John DONY born 1868 Wolverton Bucks,
m Gertrude CRIPSEY in Hull 189. The marriage must have split up
as in Pembroke on the 1901 census
as a Single man. He next appears in Portsmouth with 'E' re-added and married 1909
 Ethel Maud DONY b1892,. married and had 6 children living in the north of England. Also Grandads nephew Richard George Masters,was awarded the VC in 1918 for saving the lives of 200 men, at a Field Hospital,which was blocked by debris in the road,he cleared the debris,enough to drive through with his ambulance,after coming under fire from machine guns and an aircraft. Deepcut Barracks have the Medals
 Ada Beatrice DONY
(h) Matthew DONY b. abt 1854, m. Sophia ENGON. Matthew died abt 1934.
[B] Gwyneth THOMAS
 Bessie DONY m. H GREENSLADE.
[B] Beryl GREENSLADE
[C] Glenys GREENSLADE
 James DONY m. Kathleen ?
[B] Michael DONY
[C] James DONY
[D] Ruth DONY
[E] Raymond DONY
[F] Christine DONY
 William DONY m. E M HAY. William died 1932.
2. _ DONY m. Julia.
b. Nathan DONY
c. Johnathan DONY
[B] Hogan DONY
[C] Isobel DONY
 Margaret DONY m. W WINDSOR.
[B] Jean WINDSOR
 Millicent DONY m. Ernest DAVIES.
 Ruth DONY m. (1) D PHILLIPS, m. (2) E GRIFFITH.
[B] David GRIFFITH
h. Henry DONEY b. abt __-___-1781, m. 26-Apr-1808, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, Jennifer JANE. Emigrated to USA about 1832.
B. John DONEY baptised 02-Feb-1811, St.Pinnock, Cornwall.
C. Henry DONY baptised 02-Feb-1817, St. Pinnock, Cornwall m Hannah
(b) Harry W DONY b 02-Jan-1868
(c) Bertha A. DONY b -Aug-1870
(d) Florida M DONY b -Jul-1874
2. M. Elizabeth DONY b abt 1843
3. James H DONY b 01-Sep-1844 died 30-Jan-1929 m (1) Charlotte CLARK 12-Apr-1866, (2) Julia Ann BAKER 16-Nov-1892
(b) (1) Fanny Mae DONY b 02-May-1871 m Fred LINGER
(c) (1) Francis Asbury DONY b 14-Feb-1876 m Charlotte E.
(b) Marion J DONY
(d) Ethel Jewell DONY (2) b __-Feb-1885 m Harlin BROWN
(e) (2) Evelyn DONY (adopted) b abt 1898 m Robert C KING
D. Mary Ann DONEY baptised 12-Jan-1824, St.Pinnock, Cornwall, m. Francis Asbury BAKER, baptised 24-Dec-1817, Week St. Mary, Cornwall.
i. Thomas DONEY b.1782, Liskeard, Cornwall.
j. Matthew DONEY b. 1783, St.Pinnock, Cornwall, m. ?
k. Matthew DONEY b. abt 1785, occupation Bargeman, m. 30-Jul-1811, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, Jane AUNGER.
4. Mary DONEY b. abt 1740, St.Ive, Cornwall, m. 11-Ap-1790, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, Richard WARNE, occupation Husbandsman.
5. Jeremiah DONEY b. abt 1745, St.Ive, Cornwall.
6. Thomas DONEY b. abt 1746, m. 29-Dec-1772, in Liskeard, Cornwall, Mary OLVER, b. 24-Apr-1743, (daughter of Joseph OLVER and Jane OLVER). Thomas died 1823.
(2) Mary DONEY b. abt 1802.
(3) Elizabeth DONEY b. abt 1803.
(4) Thomas DONEY b. abt 1806.
(5) Maria DONEY b. abt 1807, m. John DANIEL, b. 1806, St Cleer, Cornwall, occupation Farmer.
(b) William DANIEL baptised 20-Aug-1833, St.Cleer, Cornwall.
(c) Mary Grace DANIEL baptised 03-Dec-1836.
(6) Joshua DONEY b. abt 1810, m. 15-Sep-1831, in St Neot, Cornwall, Mary Ann DAVEY, b. abt 1800, (daughter of John DAVEY and Mary (Davey)).
(7) Mary Ann DONEY b. abt 1811.
(8) Samuel DONEY b. abt 1813.
(9) Eliza DONEY b. 1820.
b. Samuel DONEY b. abt, 1775, occupation Farmer, m. 02-Jun-1800, in St.Cleer, Cornwall, Mary BICKFORD, b.1780 Quethiock, d. 1875. 1841 census (ref HO107/153/14F24P11) Higher Dranes, St Neot. 1851 census HO107/1902F344P10 living Dranes Bridge, St Neot age 77 farmer of 4 acres. john Bickford was lodger widwr age 79 (pauper) born Quethiock. Dina JANE servant b St Neot age 12.
(2) Virginia Jill WISHART, Calgary, Alta, Canada.
b. Heather Jill DONEY, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
2. Francis Harvey DONEY, Morden, Manitoba, Canada, m. Iris Wilhelmina A SCOTT, London. She died 12-Feb-08 in Manitoba.
b Susan Jane DONEY, Morden, Manitoba, Canada.
[B] David Blackburn DONEY b. 1890, Darlingford, Manitoba, Canada, d. 1976.
[C] John Charles DONEY b. 25-Dec-1894, Darlingford, Manitoba, Canada, m. Aurora Alice LEPINE. John died 1979.
2. David Lawrence DONEY b. 03-Sep-1917.
3. Esther Lois DONEY b. 28-Oct-1919, m. Lloyd CRAMER1917.
4. Louise Evangeline DONEY b. 1919, d. 1920.
[D] Rachel Agnes DONEY b. 1900, m. Walter GEPPERT, b. 1894, Russia, d. 1957.
 from 2nd marriage William Thomas DONEY (photo) b. 17-Dec-1865 in Tyrone, Ontario, m. 28-Jan-1901 Annie Elizabeth TOASE (dau of John Toase and Elizabeth Newlove) b 23-Nov-1869 in Caledon East,Ontario, d 08-May-1959 in Toronto. William died 05-Jul-1909 Caledon East, Ontario. (Photo of 3 children)
[B] Lovenia Wilhelmenia DONEY b. 24-Oct 1904 Glen Adelaide, Saskatchewan, d 25-Aug-1993 in Toronto m 19-Jul-1939 Toronto Joseph Lambert GREEN b 05-Nov-1892 Toronto.
[C] Ethel Minerva DONEY b. 05-Jun-1907 Glen Adelaide, Saskatchewan, d 21 May 1988 Toronto
 Rebecca DONEY b. 1867, d. 26-Aug-1867.
 Francis James DONEY b. 1868, m. Naomi ULZEMAN had home at Long Beach, California (photo of home, photo of family)
 Arthur DONEY b. 1870, m. Maud STEWART. Arthur died 1950.
[B] Dorothy DONEY
 Charles Wesley DONEY (photo) b. 1872, m. Elizabeth CHRISTIE. Charles died 1955. He was a Pastor. They were missionaries in the American Apostolic school in Cairo, Egypt 1926. Home address832 Alamitos Ave, Long Beach, California
 Evaline Ann DONEY b. 1873, d. 12-Jul-1874. (photo for father for Fathers day 1899 of Eva, Wesley, Annie, Arthur)
 Eva Clara DONEY b. 1875, m. Thomas Clarkson WILSON, b. 1875, Midland, Ontario, Canada, d. 1960. Eva died 1955.
[B] Earle Bliss WILSON b. 1904, m. Margaret LADDELL.
[C] Alvin Doney WILSON 1906, m. Olive GRANT.
[D] Harvey Lorne WILSON b. 1908, m. Ruth M MCLACHLAN.
 Florence Selena DONEY b. 1877, m. Francis Robert LUNDY, b. 24-Jul-1865, Peel County, Ontario, Canada, d 1954. Florence died 1958.
[B] Robert Francis LUNDY b. 05-Sep-1904, Lily Bay, Manitoba, Canada, m. Eleanor Ann KORMILO, b. 19-Jan-1913, Manitoba, Canada. Robert died 1976.
[C] Oliver Marvin LUNDY Lily Bay, Manitoba, Canada, m. Signe LUNDMARK,.
[D] Della Viola LUNDY b. 15-Feb-1910, Lily Bay, Manitoba, Canada, m. Reginald Alexander MITCHELL, b. 18-Aug-1906, Killarney, Manitoba, Canada. Della died 1972.
 Annie Lovier DONEY b 1879 d 1943 m Robert MCKENZIE
[B] Dulcie May MCKENZIE b. Dec-1903, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, m. 1925, Russell G BELL, b. 06-Jun-1904.
2. Gordon McKenzie BELL , Red Oak, Iowa, USA, m. Ethel Louise CASS, Santa Barbara, California, USA.
3. Harvey Allan BELL b, Carstairs, Alta, Canada, m. Lillian BELL.
[C] Dorothy Margaret MCKENZIE, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, m. Louis MUNRO.
 Violet Ethel May DONEY b. 11-Jun-1881, m. 06-Aug-1902, Thomas G BRAGG. Violet died 10-Sep-1902.
 Henry Bliss DONEY b. 24-Aug-1882, m. 16-Apr-1908, Sarah BOWLE. Henry died 19-Aug-1910.
(2) John DONEY b. abt 1805, St Neot, Cornwall, m. 29-Jun-1837, Elizabeth ?, b. abt 1810, St.Neot, Cornwall, d.1885.
(b) Emmanuel DONEY baptised 27-Feb-1842, St.Neot, Cornwall.
(3) Thomas DONEY b. abt 1808, St Neot, Cornwall, m. Elizabeth HENDER, b.1810, St.Cleer, Cornwall, d. 1846. 1841 census living at home Higher Dranes aged 30. 1851 living at home, widower age 42, ag lab. 1861 living Dranes Bridge and copper miner . ? did he marry again an Elizabeth as 1861 census says wife Elizabeth. Living with them mother in law Mary wid age 81 born Quethiock.
(b) Samuel DONEY b. abt 1853, St.Neot, Cornwall. (1861)
(4) Mary Snell DONEY b. abt 1810, St Neot, Cornwall.
(5) William DONEY c. 14-Jun-1812, occupation Stone cutter, m. Jane HIGMAN, b. abt 1815 d 1846 married (2) Martha Davey
(6) Joshua DONEY b. abt 1815, St Neot, Cornwall, m. Jane CHAMPION, b. abt 1814, St Winnow, Cornwall. 1841 living at home age 25. 1851 census HO107/1902F344P10) living Dranes Bridge, St Neot with his own family. He was married 33, ag lab married to Jane _ age 33 born St Neot. 1861 still at Dranes Bridge. Joshua now a copper miner. 1871 RG10/2239F58P9 living Trenant Bridge Cottage, St Neot age 58 ag lab with Jane. Still living same place 1881 but he is a general labourer.
(b) Mary DONEY b. abt 1849, St.Neot, Cornwall. (1851) (1861 unmarried age 21 School mistress) died after 1891 m Thomas WILTON b abt 1851 St Neot. 1881 census RG11/2286F84P12 living Chapel Cottage, St Neot.
(c) Joseph DONEY b. abt 1855, St.Neot, Cornwall. (1861 age 16 ag lab)
(7) Charles DONEY b. abt 1816.
(8) Henry DONEY b. abt1817, St Neot, Cornwall, occupation Copper miner, m. Mary Ann ? b. abt 1827, St.Neot, Cornwall. 1841 living at home aged 20
(9) Joseph DONEY b. abt 1820, St Neot, Cornwall.
(10) James DONEY b. abt 1831.
c. John DONEY b. abt 1776 m Mary abt 1806 in St. Cleer
(2) John Doney m c 11 Apr 1809 St Cleer
(3) Mary Doney f c 13 Oct 1809 St Cleer
(4) Jane Doney f c 16Jun 1811 St Cleer
(5) Elizabeth Doney f c 22 Aug 1812 St Cleer
(6) Mathew Doney m c 9 Aug 1814 St Cleer
(7) Joshua Doney m c 12 Feb 1816 St Cleer
(8) William Doney m c 29 Mar 1818 St Cleer
(9) Richard Doney m c 26 Apr 1820 St Cleer
(10) James Doney m c 9 Jun 1822 St Cleer
(11) Daniel Doney m c 8 Jun 1824 St Cleer
(12) Charles Doney m c 25 Sept 1825 St Cleer
(13) Sophia Doney f c 27 May 1828 St Cleer
d. William DONEY b. abt 1778.
e. Mary DONEY b. abt 1779.
f. Joseph DONEY b. abt 1781.
g. Richard DONEY b. abt 1782, occupation Farmer, m. Feb-1812, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, Elizabeth SWEET.
(2) Richard DONEY b. 23-Apr-1813, St.Pinnock, Cornwall, occupation Farmer, m. 21-Mar-1839, in Honesdale, PA, USA, Catherine PIERCE, b. 30-Aug-1818, Sullivan county, occupation Teacher, d. 04-Oct-1886, Dyberry Twnsp, USA. Richard died 02-Mar-1892, Seeleyville, USA.
 Franklin Richard VARCOE b. 21-Mar-1872.
(b) Franklin W DONEY b. 25-Sep-1844, Honesdale, USA, d. 09-Dec-1863, Malta,Illinois, USA.
(c) Clarinda Marie DONEY b. 31-Jan-1841, d. 06-Mar-1841.
(d) Laura E DONEY b. 06-Mar-1848, PA, d. 17-May-1902, Waymart.
h. Mathew DONEY b. abt 1784.
i. Joshua DONEY b. abt 1787, m. 17-Feb-1817, Elizabeth PAWLING.
2. Mary Ann DONEY b 1839
3. Thomas DONEY b 1843(1851 aged 8 and a scholar) m Jane
4. Catherine DONEY b 1845 son William George
5 Eliza Ann DONEY
(2) Richard DONEY b. abt 1821.
(3) Henry DONEY b. abt 1826.
(4) Mary Ann DONEY b. abt 1836.
(5) Sarah DONEY b. abt 1837.
7. William DONEY b. abt 1750, occupation Husbandman, m. 04-May-1775, in St.Pinnock, Cornwall, Grace EDE, b. abt 1745, St.Pinnock, Cornwall. William died 1807.
b. William DONEY baptised 20-Jun-1777, St.Pinnock, Cornwall, m. Mary b. 1795, Egloshayle, Cornwall. William died 1842.
(2) Richard Stephen DONEY b.1828, St. John, near Maker, Cornwall, England, m. Mary KELLOW, d. England. Richard died 1916, Pen Argyl, USA.
[A] William Lenard DONEY b. 1914. married Mary Frances WHITE, b.1916, of Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA, in 1949. They first lived in Pennsylvania, USA, and then due to his work moved around a bit - to Jacksonville, FL, USA, then Cincinatti, OH, USA, and then back to Jacksonville. He was employed by an engineering firm first, and then spent the rest of his working years with Prudential Insurance. Together they adopted 2 children, Nancy Gail DoneyNadolski, b.1954, and Kevin Doney, b.1955. Mary Frances White Doney died in 1984. William Leonard Doney married Carmel Walker Doney in 1987. Carmel died in 1997. William married Leila ___ (can't determine her maiden or first married name right now) in 2000. They still reside in Jacksonville, FL, USA
1. Nancy Gail DONEY married Robert Sternal NADOLSKI, b.1952, in 1976, of
St. Petersburg, FL. They immediately moved to Atlanta,
GA, USA, and have lived there since. They have 4 children, Erin
Rebecca Nadolski Lewis, b.1979, Stephen Robert Nadolski, b.1981, Michael
Philip Nadolski, b.1985, and Timothy Edward Nadolski,
a. Erin Rebecca NADOLSKI married Christopher Lee LEWIS, b.1979, of Goodlettsville, TN, USA. We live in Rome, GA, USA. *We have 3 children, Caroline Rhiannon Lewis, b.2005, Cecilia Clare Lewis, b.2008, and Lucy Marie Lewis, b 2011
b.Stephen Robert NADOLSKI currently lives in Charleston, SC,
c. Michael Philip NADOLSKI married Crystal Dawn BENNETT, b.1985, of Jasper, GA USA. They live in Canton, GA USA, and have *2 children, Julianne Elizabeth NADOLSKI, b.2010, and Chloe Belle NADOLSKI, b.2011.
d. Timothy Edward NADOLSKI still lives with Nancy and Robert, as he is still in university; *currently he is a seminarian at the Pontifical College Josephinum, Columbus, OH, USA; he hopes to be ordained a priest for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta,GA, USA, in 2015.
2. Kevin DONEY married Wanda ___ (we don't know her last name, they divorced in the early 1990s) in 1977. Their children a. Courtney Renee DONEY, b.1979 has 4 daughters and lives in Jacksonville, FL, USA
b. Casey DONEY b.1983. Casey Doney has a son named Orion, b.2009. They live in Jacksonville, FL, USA. Casey is engaged to Jennifer Milling, Orion's mother.
[B] Elenore DONEY b. 1916.
 Alfred Clarence DONEY b. 1890, m. Mary Elizabeth JEWELL, b.1892, d. 198?. Alfred died 1969.
[B] Robert Henry DONEY b.1921, m. (1) Connie WOODWARD, m. (2) Joanna McGUINESS. Robert died 1994.
2. Gregory DONEY
3. Blake DONEY
[C] Alfred Thomas DONEY, m. Ruth Elaine EVANS,. living 1997 in Pen Argyl, USA.
Fred and Ruth (right) at Doney reunion in Honesdale, PA, USA in Aug. 1997
2. Ruth Eileen DONEY
3. John (Jack ) Alfred DONEY occupation Research engineer.
4. James Thomas DONEY, m. Michel WILLIAMS.
 Richard Earl DONEY, m. Myrtle DIETZ,.
[B] Winnifred DONEY
 Gertrude Elizabeth DONEY b 1898.
 Helen Elizabeth DONEY b 1907, d 1969.
(b) John H DONEY b1863, d.1918.
(c) Edwin DONEY b1866, d. Pen Argyl, USA.
(d) Carrie DONEY d 197?, Pen Argyl, USA.
(e) Helen DONEY
(f) Ervin DONEY m. Amelia JORY, d. 1944. Ervin died 1940.
 Eva DONEY
 Richard DONEY
 Carrie DONEY b1887, d 1966.
 Arthur DONEY m. Kate CARPENTER.
[B] Robert E DONEY b1923, m. Betty ALLEN, b1925.
2. Eric DONEY, occupation Pianist.
3. Leslie DONEY.
4. William DONEY.
5. Kristian DONEY
c. John DONEY baptised 25-Jan-1780.
d. Samuel DONEY baptised 28-Jun-1784, St.Pinnock, Cornwall.
e. Elizabeth DONEY baptised 12-Aug-1787, St.Pinnock, Cornwall.
B. Elizabeth DONEY b. abt 1706, d.1707.
C. Grace DONEY b. abt 1707, St.Neot, Cornwall, d. 1710.
D. Thomas DONEY bpt 10-Jan-1709 St Ive
E. Richard DONEY bpt 11-Mar-1711 St Ive
F. Joseph DONEY b. abt 1715, St.Ive, Cornwall, d. 1716.
G. Mary DONEY b. abt 1721, St.Ive, Cornwall.
Return to top of page
Back to Jean's Genealogy Index